I might be one of the last dinosaurs that actually prints out pictures. I talk to strangers in stores and offer assistance even when I’m not asked. I’m the guy that prints out MapQuest Directions too…hell, I’m that guy on those Progressive TV commercials that warns us about turning into our parents.
This summer I ran into a little snafu between WalMart’s Photo
printing services and UPS handling of the delivery options. Somewhere in
transit, $15 bucks’ worth of Happy Snappys were misplaced. After some email
follow up to Wally World customer service and consultation with my local Professional
Online Purchasing Agent, a reprint and reshipment was expeditiously sent my
way.
A few short days later, my local, Professional Online Purchasing
Agent sat on the couch and fingered through a random collection of pictures of big
fish and hockey stick arts & crafts. When I walked in the front door, she
waved the photo envelope at me and questioned, “Where are all the pictures of
me?”
We laughed but buried in the pile of nonsense pictures there
was a hint of truth. Her whit and sarcasm are the way she hugs. There were zero
pictures of my Dream Woman in that WalMart run of reprints.
A few short days later, I text her a picture of my desk a
work showing a timeless picture of the two of us, arm in arm, cutting a rug at a
Wedding reception. My Agent quickly replied that said picture is "10 years old!”
Actually, it was 8 years old but I decided not to correct her.
Fact is – I don’t have enough pictures of my wife. I will
never have enough. She deserves a whole album dedicated to her beauty. No – I stand
corrected – she deserves volumes of photo albums dedicated to her beauty.
Look at this Dime Piece.
And to think, I’m the lucky schmuck that she chose to look after all these years!


4 comments:
There were pictures of Logan, pictures of his college friends, teacher friends, hockey friends, fish, turkeys, himself holding MANY fish and even a picture of Emma. Not one picture of his wife. Lol
All documenting his favorites moments from this spring/summer and nada-zippo-zip!!
Bad day to run an Ink Pen through the dryer?
Asking for a friend...
She's been whining about not enough pictures of her since day one! LOL
Post a Comment