Friday, October 3, 2008

Political views

Let me preface this with: I have no strong political views and I am not trying to ruffle any feathers or make you not like me anymore.

So, let's talk a little politics..........

I have found myself a little 'more' interested in the political debates this election year and have also been doing things that I have not done in the past. For example: Driving home last night from Tyler's football game, I actually turned my radio to AM and listened to the debate. How grown up in that!?!??!? :)

I will admit, that I am probably one of those 'swing' votes in this election. One day I lean towards McCain and the next day I'm thinking Obama. I'm not quite sure what exactly will sway my vote one way or the other. It seems that I agree with some parts of Obama's plan and then some parts of McCains plan. So, how do you decide?

The debates to me are pretty, well, a waste of time as far as the discussion. It got old of who voted this way so many times and who said what, when. I don't need that information, I want to know what the plan is and how they expect to support the President in making changes to improve the current situation in the US.

The female "Governor" however is so re-freshing for me. A woman, finally, in the political realms. How exciting! I think part of my non-interest in politics previously was that it seems to male dominated and I got tired of listening to men talk. (Sorry Kirby) Even if you don't like/agree with Palin, you have to admit that she is a refreshing sight and that her 'down home' attitude is one that many mothers and females who work can relate too.

In all honesty, one person can't change the world and we all know that. It drives me crazy to think about all the time and money spent on these campaigns, debates and rallies. I know we all have a list a mile long of 'other' things that money could have gone to.


So, here's to our right to vote and freedom to choose who we vote for!

4 comments:

Kirby said...

I think the Alaskan Governor could kick Jesse Ventura's A**..... and Obama is another slick talking Liberal Democrat - high on promise and finger pointing. His running mate, Biden, stumbled on his words last night and was trying to baffle us with his numerical facts that just made him look silly. Besides he's a Senator from Delaware...aint that the size of Chisago County? McCain graduated from high school in 01' - that's it.... A.D. 01....but he has paid his dues for his country, will not be bullied into making the popular decisions, and has the poise to lead from the front. His running mate is a historical choice that will light a fire under many people's political butts. (including getting my own wife interested in voting) She's "green" behind the ears no doubt (Sarah not Michele) but come on - it's easy to tell that she's ready for the challenge and willing to stand up and make things happen.
As a Marine that has voted every chance he's been given, I wonder how much of a difference one vote actually makes. I even had a hard time explaining to Michele why she should vote without ever any success. And NOW she's going to cast a vote - however it may land...that in itself is a big step in the right direction for American politics. I think the Gov. from Up North will help McCain steal this vote from the media driven democrats.
I hope anyway.

Michele said...

Apparently my soft, spoken husband had something to say huh? MK

Anonymous said...

I too am more interested in this election. I consider myself an Independent but I certainly lean towards Conservative. Which is different than being a Republican. I find most politicians to be crooked and willing to sell their souls for power. I find liberals too pointless. They think with their hearts and not their heads, which I find dangerous. I'm a RESULTS kind of guy, good intentions only go so far and unfortunately that's good enough for most liberals. There used to be a place for Conservatives in the Democratic party but look how they went after Joe Lieberman when he went against them. Power is all they care about and will do whatever it takes to get it even if its bad for the country. And don't get me started on the pathetic left leaning media. They are SOOO in the tank for Obama its sickening. They want him to make history and they want to be a big part of it. It's good to see that Sarah Palin hasn't let their crap get to her. While I've never been a fan of McCain's he will get my vote. There's too much smoke and mirrors with Obama. And Joe Biden, what a windbag, here's a guy who been living off the government tit for 35 years, enough already. Its time the American people demand term limits for Congress and the Senate. You get two terms and then that's it. You can run again after the next term is up. Enough of these career politicians who are elected again and again until they're in their 80's. If McCain wants to win he needs to get tougher on his opponents which he seems to think isn't honorable. But continuing to do as he is doing will lead to defeat and God help us then. You think times are tough now wait until Obama takes even more of your money if he gets elected to pay for all of his socialist programs. Good Grief! There's my take on the election.

Vanessa said...

Well, since everyone else has weighed in, I think I will too. Generally in the past I have leaned more towards Democrats even though I vote for the person I like rather than a party. But this year I just can't vote Democrat. There is something shady about Obama. I don't trust him at all. All politicians are full of crap to a certain degree, but he acts like he's God and is certainly being treated that way by the press. I once said I could never vote for a pro-lifer, but I guess I will this year. I think McCain seems to be a good person and I like Sarah Palin. Whoever gets in there better do something to fix this country.