Logan Kirby
Rush City High School
Please tell us a little something about yourself: “I am an 18-year-old high school student. I have a 3.5 GPA. I play football, hockey, and baseball. I enjoy being outside and helping out friends and family. In my down time, I enjoy hunting and fishing. I love sports, family, friends, and my community.”
What are your plans after graduation? ”After high school I plan to attend a trade school, and start working in the trades. I am looking towards being a lineman.”
What is your favorite class/subject, and why? “My favorite classes that I have had are the shop classes. I feel I have learned the most valuable skills that I will need down the road.”
What is your favorite school memory? ”My favorite school memory is having an 8-0 regular season this year for football. That is a memory that I will never forget because the year before we were 1-7. Over the last year we put in a lot of work and it paid off.”
If you were asked to provide a Ted Talk, what would you talk about? ”If I had a chance to do a Ted Talk, I would talk about not wasting any opportunity given. I believe there are no reasons to make excuses. You only get one life to live so you should live it to the best ability and at your fullest potential.”
When (or if!) you have free time, what do you like to do to relax? ”What I like to do in my free time is hang out with my girlfriend, family, and friends. I love to hunt and fish and to be outdoors.”
If you were made principal for a day, what change would you make? ”If I were principal for a day I would change the school schedule to get the whole first week of deer season off.”
What is the strangest food combination you enjoy? ”The strangest food combination that I like is Doritos with green grapes on the chip. It is weird but just try it. It is good.”
If you could share one movie, song or book with others, what would it be? “One movie I would like to share is Nacho Libre. Why? Because everyone needs a little taste of the glory.”
What celebrity would you like to meet, and why? ”I would like to meet TJ Oshie. He is a hockey player who grew up in my dad’s hometown and he is a very successful guy who always gives back to his community. He is also a very good hockey player.”
What piece of advice would you share with your classmates? ”A piece of advice I would like to share with everyone else is to live in the moment and don’t worry about the past.”
What is the best advice you’ve ever received? “To just live in the moment.”
Please share something people might find interesting about your school. “Something I feel is really cool and special about our school is that my graduating class this year has 65 kids in it. We have a small, family-like school where we know everyone. Another special thing about this school is we have family members who work here. We have siblings who are alumni of the school, so most people grow up with these teachers and are close to them in and out of school.”
“Senior Spotlight” is a weekly feature of the County News Review. Each week an outstanding senior from one of our local schools will share their thoughts and opinions with readers. Enjoy!


1 comment:
Good interview by Logan. Doritos with green grapes? That's a new one!
Jeff
Post a Comment