"It's the Circle of Life, Simba."
This here family BLOG started way back as a way to chronicle the cute little happenings of our young family. Suddenly, all 3 of our kids are officially adults, although one is still a squatter and refuses to pay rent. We're past the fun stages of weddings and baby showers and are learning all too quickly that time doesn't stop for anyone. Life is fragile.
And here at the Kirby Krew is where I have written memorials to help process emotions associated with loss. I never intended to be good at Eulogies. I wanted to write funny stories about our children or marriage and sneak in a hunting story every now and then.
Writing about my time in Kivalina helped get me through as well as recorded my experiences in a place foreign to many. Maybe that is when I started adding depth and thoughtful reflection to my essays. And now we're at that new stage in life where we're losing loved ones faster than we can add any more babies. It's here at the Krew where I've put pen to paper and got things off my chest.
Sorry about that folks, I understand if you're getting tired of my same old TED talks. I am too.

1 comment:
Keep them coming Brother, I enjoy reading them all when I happen to cruise by to see what the latest blog is. Later Gator
Post a Comment