"Bueller?"
"Bueller?
"The BLOG needs a little attention," they say.
I concur.
It's a prized family possession. Unlike the rotting Cadillac in Stall #2.
This archive of the ins and outs and ups and downs of the Kirby Krew has been left unattended for far too long.
Like the auger with bad gas in the lines, it'll go. Ya just gotta give it a pull. Pump the primer. Have faith. There's life in there somewhere.
I must commit to less Facebook and more chronicling of our lives.
I must commit to getting the rest of my obligations taken care of posthaste and then pecking away at the keys like I used to do.
It brings me joy - this Blog. It really does.
So then, why then has it been neglected for so long?
My fictional heroes have excused my from regular contributions and random story telling here on these interwebs.
David Wooderson put it best - "The older you do get, the more rules they're going to try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man. L.I.V.I.N."
Andy Dufresne added, "Get busy living or get busy dying."
That's what I've been doing...that's what Michele and I have been doing together.
Living.
Raising some kids, cleaning up after some dogs, mowing some lawns, gallivanting from Virginia to Vegas, tossing out old junk and accumulating more of the same, hockey and homework,kettle bells and canoes, sunscreen and hammocks, job switches and status quo, Friday night dinner dates and a new coat of paint, long walks and short naps, more bleacher popcorn than the F.D.A. could reasonably approve of, cancers and car problems, scratch offs and slot machines, hopes and dreams, hard work and perseverance.
I love my life and I love my wife.
(My kids and dogs too.)
I just haven't written about those things in a while... it feels good to be back.
No comments:
Post a Comment