Mrs. Kirby,
You’ll either love this or hate it. But I’m doing it either
way. I’m going to write, right here on this blog, just how much I love you.
I cannot hold you on the thirteenth anniversary of our
wedding day but don’t you, for one second, think that I don’t love you more today
than I ever have.
Through this crazy turn of events you have stood faithfully
by my side and been my guiding light in a storm that I never saw coming. You
counseled me when times were tough. You listened when I needed to vent and you
advised with the best of intentions always. You pushed me to be a better me and
sent me off to a far away land. You knew we could do it not only because of
your own strength but also because of our strength in each other. Now that I am
in Alaska, I am reminded of your commitment to “us” every day.
You truly are the partner in crime that I have always
wanted. You are exactly the mother I envisioned that I would one day raise
children with. And I am so thankful that they reflect the best parts of you.
Our kids are loving and kind. Our kids are generous and thoughtful. Our kids
are hard working and talented. Every day I thank the Good Lord that YOU were
the one to give me the greatest gift I have ever received, our children.
You are the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on. I
remember the old college days out carousing with friends when I casually
referred to you as my “Dream Woman”. Like some fantasy, I dreamed that you
would pay me the slightest attention. And to think, now you’re my wife! - the
Mrs. to my Mr. – My dreams have come true. I am married to a gorgeous, tall,
leggy blonde that is way out of my league.
I have not bothered you for a kiss in five months. I have
spent many long lonely walks talking through prayer and reminding myself just
how good of a life I have. And at the center of that life that I am so thankful
for is YOU. You are the thing I like most about me. I will patiently wait 6
more days to hold your hand, to hug you, to kiss your lips but I can’t promise
that I won’t be a pest for the 2 weeks that we are together over the Holidays.
My love tank is FULL because I realize how much responsibility
you’ve assumed by me being here. You’re holding down the fort, raising the kids
and still finding it in your heart to send supplies my way, to send words of
encouragement at always the right moment. Your unwavering support sustains me
in even the toughest times.
I love you, Michele. I have loved you for a long time now. I
don’t expect that to change, ever.
Thank you for being the mother of my children and the wife
of my dreams.
Happy 13th Anniversary. (12/14/02-12/14/15)
See you in a WEEK!
Lv,
Mr. Kirby
3 comments:
Awe... sweet. =)
May this week pass like a bolt of lightning and the following two like cold molasses. It sounds like you've earned it.
At any point does the family get to travel to AK?
Well a nice Happy Anniversary would have sufficed. Love you too babe!
Oh my gosh that is so sweet! You two have such a special relationship...you are an inspiration! Congratulations on your anniversary!
Post a Comment