Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Well I suppose......

For those of you who know Kirby well, you know he was born with the gift of gab.

For those of you who know me well, you know that I wasn't.

Seriously, Kirby is a talker. Just ask him one simple question and he can go on and on with great detail mind you, about that simple event or action or thought.

I joke often that text messaging has saved our marriage.  I used to dread calling him to tell him a quick message in fear of the 10 minute conversation he would have with me throwing in--ya's and uh-huhs to provide him some feedback that I was still listening and engaged in that conversation.

We have had many a car trip traveling to Bemidji or Warroad in which I peacefully sat in the passengers seat and don't say a word for 5 hours.  This scenario drives my husband crazy.  It kills him to be quiet and not speak.  I, on the other hand, enjoy every single second of it.

So, to see post after post from the husbands side of life doesn't surprise me. Born with the gift of gab and the gift to write his gab down is truly a talent of his and not mine.

If you haven't caught on to his 'hints' yet....he likes a response, a comment to his public conversations on his blog posts. Much like a response he wants from me when we are on hour 4 of the car ride and my only response to him has been non verbals.

It's week 17 of him being gone.  I just made an ortho appt for December 30th and figured out that he will be here in MN to take Logan to it.   That means we are getting close to the 2nd check point of this adventure.  In almost a month from now (Thursday to be exact) he will be heading home.

I best start my Couch to Conversation training.....




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Michele,

That's funny because I remember many trips back and forth to Bismarck where not much was said and both of us were fine with it. I usually had tunes playing anyway, which is why you know the words to so many Southern Rock and Country songs.

I'd probably enjoy watching Luther squirm when you don't carry on a conversation with him. Of course Paul's gift of gab is what makes him so easy to be around. Looking forward to hearing his tales firsthand at Christmas.

Jeff