I am not a pretty man.
Matter of fact, when you get right down to it, I lean heavily on my sense of humor and conversation skills. I'm steadfast and faithful at all things I do. - Kind of like a dog. Not a pretty dog. But a dog that is a little rough on the edges. With the right direction in life, a dog that wants to do well and make people happy. I'm friendly and vulnerable but not a very sharp dresser.
Before I throw myself into a Blog therapy session, let me get right down to the point.
In 2001 - Michele D. was way out of my league.
This unbelievably gorgeous volleyball player had been on my radar for a long time but I had surrendered myself to being stuck in a vicious cycle of bar keep jobs and deadend relationships. At Bemidji State, she and I had crossed paths from time to time and when we did, I relied heavily on my genuine, friendly disposition. Like a devoted dog with good conversation skills, I eventually reeled in the woman of my dreams.
Caught in that dream-like state of puppy love, I finished out my college days in a whirlwind. A whirlwind driven by this beautiful woman and all that she was.
9 years later.......Still, memories flood my mind daily of what it was like having snagged the catch of a lifetime.
Walks in the woods, talks on the phone, ice cream at the mall, and basketball down the street...
You'll never take away from me the feelings I had holding her in my arms that summer. Slow dancing at the bar. Dave Matthews Band playing out the sounds for me to fall in love to. Dave, serenading the gal in the black dress and high heels as she won over a guy that was a little rough around the edges.
Tonight, just 3 months shy of my 8 year wedding anniversary, I'm taking my wife - the woman of my dreams- to the Dave Matthews Band concert.
If I see you there, please don't pinch me.
I don't ever want to wake up.
2 comments:
Awww, how sweet!!!! and what better music to listen to then Dave! Hope you had a wonderful time together! Happy early 8 years together!
Sara
Que the tears! That was the sweetest thing. Love it! Hope you had a great time!!
Post a Comment