Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 1-Season of Change.

Today is the beginning of change for the Kirby Krew.  This month is the start of new things, re-visiting old things, changing, budgeting, and just a fresh start. With that being said, here's a glimpse of what's going on with the Kirby Krew........

*Kirby is starting his 10th year of teaching. Good lord where did the time go? He has been corrupting 11-12 year olds for 10 years now. I can still remember the day he got the call that he got the job in Rush City. 

*Tyler is starting 8th grade and is top dog this year in the middle school.....the last year of middle school.  Sigh...my little boy is growing up so fast and talking about driving and buying a car in a few years. 

*Emma is starting 1st grade and will be at school all day. This means that she is done with going to daycare as well.  This also means she is growing up.....

*Logan is starting preschool this year. He's still not too sure about going to school and not having his sister at daycare with him.  I guess for Logan this will be a chance for him to become a little more independant but he's so dang cute and still has the 'baby' sound to his voice......

*Kirby and I are jumping back on the P90X bandwagon. We were so successful with round 1 and then summer came and bad habits crept back into our lives.  Don't get me wrong, I love summer and the lack of schedule but that undisciplined lifestyle leaks into all areas of your life at some point.  I'm looking forward to lifting some weights, working on my push ups and pull up and making fun of Tony again... I think Emma and Logan miss Uncle Tony as well.

*We have started to live on a budget!  I can't believe how easy it is to just get a paycheck and it's gone before you know it and you don't know where it went!  So far we have one week of budgeting under out belt and it's tough, but going well.  Our goal is to actually start saving money and not just think that we should be saving money. 

*Home improvements is on our list as well.  Our bathroom has needed work since the day we moved in and we have ignored it for too long.  New doors and a updated bathroom are on the 'honey do' list.

*And last but not least, we are going to attempt again to find a church to attend.  We have had a few attempts at finding a place to belong, but have struggled to feel like we do belong.

WHAT A LIST HUH?!?!?!?!?  We've got some work to do......


To everything - turn, turn, turn


There is a season - turn, turn, turn

And a time for every purpose under heaven

3 comments:

Tracy said...

WOW! Lots of changes! Good luck with the budget, it isn't easy. Keep us posted on how it goes and what system you're using. While we are really skilled at saving for long term, its the short term that I'm worried about...I need to find ways to make that work a little better!

Tina said...

I love fall and the feelings of starting over that it provides, almost more than the beginning of a new year! Look forward to following you on your journey in all of those categories!

Vosberg View said...

LOVE the song you ended with!!!! Excited to keep up this month. :)