My husband will appreciate this list. I'm stealing it from another blog who has comitted herself to a Happiness Project. The first post she wrote about is a top ten list of why you love where you live. She suggests if you can't find 10 reasons then you need to consider moving......
For those of you who know me well, you know that I LOVE warm temps and sunshine so you're thinking that there is NO WAY that I can come up with 10 reasons why I love living in Pine City, MN. But, for those of you who really know me well, you know that I can find the positive in any situation so here goes.......
10. We are an hour away from the Twin Cities. This means that if we want to go to the MOA, Como Zoo, a major sporting event, a concert or a museum..... we can leave and be home within the same day.
9. We are an hour and a half away from Duluth, MN. In the summer time, this is one of my favorite places to visit. The North Shore is amazing and Lake Superior is awesome and Canal Park is a family favorite.
8. Pine City has 3 stoplights in the whole town. Need I say more? If I need to get to the bank-it takes me 3 minutes.
7. We have a really good pizza joint, an awesome chinese restaurant and a funny named sports bar and grill named Chubbys. All of these places are home town-no name places but we will never go hungry in a quaint atmosphere.
6. Houses in my town are unique. They are not cookie cutter houses that all look the same. They are old and have odd features and funny looking porches and character all of their own.
5. My office is 3 minutes from my house. That means I can walk home during my lunch break...not everyone can say that.
4. It's a small enough town that when I go to the grocery store, people look 'familiar.' I don't know everyone and they don't know me but they look familiar, like I've seen them at the bank or at Wal Mart or somewhere else in town.
3. We are on a major interstate. We can hop on 35 in 4 minutes and be off in any direction.
2. Pine City has a gym, a hockey rink, city parks, playgrounds, and tennis courts all within walking distance. There is no reason for us to not get exercise.
1. Our first home is here. We brought Gunner, Emma and Logan home to this house and this town. We've sent out hundreds of Christmas cards with this address on them. Our friends and family all know where Pine City, MN is because we live here. When I am 93 years old and sitting on my forch porch holding Kirby's hand and thinking about our past days together, it will start with our first home in Pine City, MN.
2 comments:
Love this list! Makes me want to move to Pine City! :) Although I am sure I could come up with 10 for Brooklyn Park too!
Tina-I'm sure I could find 10 good things about Brooklyn Park too! :) For example: You're next to lots of major roads and interstates!
Post a Comment