Are you getting tired of birthday posts yet? I promise, this is the last one...well, until February that is.
Saturday was the big 3 for Logan! And for those of you who aren't into details.....it was his golden birthday!
I'll be honest, it was a pretty boring day for him. Kirby and I did our weekend chores while trying to keep Emma and Logan occupied so we could get our stuff done. Finally around 3ish I decided we should get out of the house and go for a drive. Up to Hinckley it was to check out an art fair and then a trip to the thrift store where we scored HUGE for Halloween costumes. I'm happy to say that for $5.98, we have both Emma and Logan's costumes.
Then it was off to Chubby's for Logan's birthday dinner. There's nothing better though then entering the restuarant with a crying 3 year old who just got his fingers caught in the door.....
But he re-covered quickly!
Finally, back home for some presents....
Then finally the one he's been waiting for.....
Ahhh, yeah........a big boy bike. I wish everyone could have seen the look on his little face when we had him open his eyes.
(I know, I know...he needs a haircut. It's on the agenda for this week.)
On a side note... I'm not a big fan of helmets and knee pads and elbow pads. That's right, I like to live on the edge. I grew up without wearing a seatbelt. I grew up riding a bike without a helmit and the bike I rode was too big for me but it was all I had. I also grew up getting my butt kicked by my older brother every Friday night but that's a blog for another day. Anywho, I'm glad Logan has a helmet cause he took a fall today and whapped his head right on the sidewalk with it- whew! That could have been ugly!
Sorry, back to the party..
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday Logan! Thank you for being so helpful and caring. Thank you for always giving me hugs and kisses and for not being afraid to hold my hand in public. I love you and can't wait to watch you grow up and beat up your big brother someday. You are my little Logie bear!
And this ends the birthday parade.....
3 comments:
Dinner at Chubby's. I love it.
Yeah, no joke - it's a nice little Sports Bar a block and a half from our house. The kids love it. It used to be a Bait Shop. Emma called it the Minnow Store... and now it's Chubby's.
Good noticing.
I deny ever beating up my sister on Friday nights. She willingly and with much gusto wanted to do All Start Wrestling!
Jeff
Post a Comment