Thursday, May 7, 2009

Yoga-Yoga-Yoga.....

Well, I just finished my 6 week trial of Yoga. Here are a few things I learned:
  1. Going to Yoga right after work was brilliant! Talk about an immediate de-stresser. I'm pretty sure that 6/6 days I walked in feeling overwhelmed and stressed out and in a matter of 5 minutes I was breathing normal again.
  2. Wearing 'yoga' pants is the best thing ever! Or at least mine were. Silky and smooth and they fit like a glove. Within 10 seconds of putting them on I was over the fact that everyone in the room could see every dimple/line/fat pudge I had. Who cares right?
  3. I'm still too competitive. I got better towards the end of concentrating on what I was doing vs. checking out to see who could touch their fingers behind their back or who could touch the floor the farthest out. But-it was still there. I remember one class we had the chance to work our way up into a head stand and the lady next to me shot right up and I couldn't balance to save my life......
  4. It's amazing how 'tight' your body gets. We would work on one hip and then let it rest before moving on to the next one and the difference was so noticeable. I was impressed.
  5. The downside of going right after work was the hunger thoughts. I don't think Yoga was designed for people to be thinking about the number of calories in a McDonald's hamburger and if you could get it before you needed to pick up the kids without them noticing that you went to McDonald's without them.

Would I do another class? Sure. Do I still feel the need to run and lift weights afterwards? Sure do. Was it time well spent? It sure was......

No comments: