
Yep, that's right, he has now crossed the line over to being a "big boy."
Sigh.....
What is it that now gives him this title?
We took down his crib and turned it into a toddler bed.
Now, I know some of you maybe thinking "Well, it's about time!" But, he was really in no rush to change so we just let it go. He had not made any attempt to get out of his crib and had been sleeping just fine and part of me was okay with that. This weekend though we heard "feet" upstairs during nap time and found out that he did know how to climb out of his crib. So, after a little digging around, I found the toddler bed parts and gave Kirby the go ahead to make the switch.
I know it doesn't seem like a big deal and that I should be excited that he is growing up and becoming more independent but....part of me wants him to just be my baby. I'm clinging to him being my last child, I admit it.
He was excited to hop into his new bed and laid down on the new pillow and Cars pillowcase that I bought him for the special occasion. He showed us that he could climb in and out with no problems and even did a few test jumps to show that his new bed was sturdy enough for a 2 year old boy.
As I went up the stairs to check on him after he was all snuggled in, he looked so cute and so grown up.
I suppose next thing we know, he'll be asking for the keys to the car........
No comments:
Post a Comment