I'm tired, I know I am but my mind won't let me sleep. I've done the counting thing, the think about sleep trick and now I've resorted to getting up and doing something for a bit before going back and trying to fall asleep again. It was a busy Monday and I have a lot of extra things going on with work this week that I think is the culprit for why I'm not sleeping right now. I wish I could log my hours for work during these nights, does anyone else feel that way? I've been reading this book called "Why Work Sucks" and it's pretty interesting to say the least. It talks about a different style of work hours called a ROWE (results only working environment.) Basically the thought is that if you are getting your work done in 30 hours one week, why be stuck in thinking you HAVE to work 40 hours that week? Why do we have to work 8-5 every week? Why not 9-1 and then 3-6 one day? Best Buy does this with their employee's.... Hmmm, very interesting!
I will admit that it's not only work things on my mind but for the majority, the thoughts are pretty random work related issues. I wish I was struggling on trying to decide where to take my next vacation.... That would be wayyyy better.
So, if anyone has any suggestions for a quick way to get back to sleep and tricks to get your mind to stop thinking million of thoughts, send them my way!
Tomorrow is going to be a long day!
1 comment:
I suggest talking to your husband - that usually bores you to sleep most other nights! :)
out
guest
Post a Comment