
This is what my husband ditched me for on Sunday night. It all started with a 7:45pm phone call from his bald, mailman friend who wanted to know if Kirby wanted to go out fishing. In my mind, I had already mapped out that after the kids went to bed, we could leave Tyler in charge and head up to the gym and spend some time exercise together and time alone. Apparently, my husband felt that spending time pursuing another 'lady' was the better option for him on this night.
Now, don't get me wrong, I am very happy that he FINALLY caught a muskie. It has been almost 2 summers of him spending time out on a lake (which also includes lakes in other countries) trying to catch one of these monsters. All year round there is talk of muskie opener and muskies lures and poles and rods and occasional emails about who knows the most and who doesn't know anything(right Becky?). From a woman's point of view, it gets a little old after awhile. I don't talk about the great pair of shoes I found on clearance from last October all year round or constantly call my girlfriends to see what kind of shoes they found last weekend when they went shopping. I guess I'll never fully understand.
But, I do have to admit, it's nice to see patience rewarded and to see your husband smiling from ear to ear and calling everyone he knows to share his tale.
So, call and congratulate Kirby on his new child, I mean his latest lifetime fish and wish him luck as he drives 9 hours to cast for more muskies in Canada next week. (this one was caught 5 minutes from his back door but who am I to say anything? :)
In case you aren't getting my humor or my sacrastic tone, I do love my husband and can understand that he loves fishing/hunting and realize that it is his passion. I just wish he was that passionate about doing the laundry sometimes...... whoops! there I go again..... :)
Next time I score a killer deal on a pair of shoes, I'm calling everyone I know and sending out mass emails....... Let me know if you want to be included.
1 comment:
Wow - I couldn't have said it better myself. Man I love you Five.
honest
- k
Post a Comment