As you may have noticed from previous posts that Logan has been sporting a longer length hair style. Now, I don't usually favor boys with long hair but for some reason, I just let his grow and grow. Maybe because it was cute hockey hair this past winter and then spring came and the curls just looked cute with the melting of the snow. Maybe it was because his cute, little, chubby cheeks were framed so nicely with the curls in the background. Or maybe I was waiting for summer to arrive and for him to look like one of those California surfer dudes.
For whatever reason, the only haircut he has had was a quick bang trim last March while he ate some M&M's after a bath. (works like a charm) So, one day at work, I get a phone call from Kirby who had just come back from taking the kids to the park to play. He said that Logan got called a 'girl' again by an older gentleman and Kirby stated that Logan needed to have a haircut ASAP. Apparently this isn't the first time Logan has been called a girl in Kirby's presence (it's never happened to me) and he is feeling that as a father, he needs to protect his boy from emotional damage and confusion and get him a haircut. So, I gave in and told Kirby to call Val and schedule an appointment for that week.
I took him and he did awesome of course. She snipped and snipped and sn
ipped as I held back the tears I watched my little boy turn into a little man with his new hair doo. It took Logan a few minutes to realize that it was him looking back at him in the mirror when we were finished, but he seemed happy with himself.
I won't agree that I won't let his hair g
row long again, hockey season is just around the corner you know.....
2 comments:
Hey Guys! Lovin' the blog site. It is a really great way to keep up with all of you. I am very proud of Tyler. It sounds like he has had a great summer. Michele, I am proud of you too. It had to be hard to watch those cute little curls go! :) Thanks for the info on the kids. It will be very helpful with the upcoming b-days.
Thank goodness you cut Logan's hair. Not that it bothered me as I've been known to have longer hair in my younger days but so I can now tell Mom and show her the blog. BECAUSE everytime I would talk to her she always mentioned "Has Michele cut Logans hair yet" and it was driving me CRAZY!!! Our dear Mother is still living in the 1950's when she was a teenager and all the guys had hair like they did on HAPPY DAYS! So for that I thank you Michele. Jeff
Post a Comment