
This spring we decided to enroll Emma in a gymnastics class that met one night a week. Don't ask me why being that neither Kirby or I are interested in gymnastics. But, I think it had to do something with wanted to get Emma involved in an activity and for Kirby and I to watch her do something on her own and be indepedant.

She learned soooo much and it was sooooo fun to watch her listen and follow directions and not follow directions. I know that I had many laughs during those 45 minutes and thoughts of "where did she learn to do that?" and "she so runs like her Dad" came shooting across at random moments.
The gymanstics teachers plan a big Saturday show for all the parents, grandparents and families to attend. Emma's group did a little dance to "the bunny Hop" and also showcased their new gymnastics skills. The picture above is here afterwards in our leotard, bunny ears and trophy that they all got for participating.
I'm guessing that next fall we will attempt to enroll her again. She looked forward to it every week and it was our bribe for when she was being naughty that she wouldnt' be able to go if she didn't stop being naughty. I know that I had tears in my eyes just as often as I found myself laughing out loud. It's amazing to watch your own kid participate in sports! Now I am beginning to understand how my parents felt.......

She learned soooo much and it was sooooo fun to watch her listen and follow directions and not follow directions. I know that I had many laughs during those 45 minutes and thoughts of "where did she learn to do that?" and "she so runs like her Dad" came shooting across at random moments.

The gymanstics teachers plan a big Saturday show for all the parents, grandparents and families to attend. Emma's group did a little dance to "the bunny Hop" and also showcased their new gymnastics skills. The picture above is here afterwards in our leotard, bunny ears and trophy that they all got for participating.
I'm guessing that next fall we will attempt to enroll her again. She looked forward to it every week and it was our bribe for when she was being naughty that she wouldnt' be able to go if she didn't stop being naughty. I know that I had tears in my eyes just as often as I found myself laughing out loud. It's amazing to watch your own kid participate in sports! Now I am beginning to understand how my parents felt.......

No comments:
Post a Comment