Wednesday, December 14, 2016

A look back and a dream ahead...

Periodically Michele will re-send me an email string from last year. We don't do it often, but it's sometimes fun to look back at what was important to us then as compared to what's important to us now.

Being physically apart for 10 months (minus 10 days) really brought us closer. I know it sounds cliche but absence can and does make the heart grow fonder. I couldn't be happier than I am today.

And proud too.

I'm proud to have been married to Michele for 14 years. Today is our anniversary and we will be together. Not until after an honest day's work. And not until after we get the kids off to hockey practice and tended to by some helpful friends.

But we will be together.

Tonight we've decided to hold back on the expensive steakhouse and instead be reasonable and responsible. We'll still enjoy each other's company whether we end up at White Castle or the Casino Buffet. No worries though, we've been a little wild and crazy - maybe a little less reasonable and less responsible. We've cut loose and had some really good times since I rejoined the Krew back home in the Lower 48.

I am just so happy now. Thought I was happy then.

I love you, Five.
Happy 14th Anniversary.

No comments: