It's a perfectly reasonable question isn't it?
"Do I miss my wife?"
In a casual blogpost the other day, my wife - who I miss and
need like the air that I breathe – wrote about that... "Do you miss
your husband?"
Now, I'd be labeled a complete moron if I answered the same question---"Nope,
don’t miss her one bit!"
That couldn’t be farther from the truth. I miss her dearly. Those of you who
know us, realize that I am the sappy sentimental one and, thanks to her big brother, Michele possesses sarcasm that can cut like a knife.)
The question actually "stumps' me a little bit to be
honest. I’m sure it’s just an innocent attempt at a conversation starter when
people are trying to be polite.
There's more to that answer than just a simple, "yes"
or "no."
Do I miss her snoring at 10:30 pm, shortly after bedtime when I
hoped for a happy nightcap? NO
Do I miss folding laundry and putting away dishes and being
hollered at for dragging dirt in to the house? NO
Do I miss sitting on our couch playing around on Facebook while
I should be helping her cook-clean? NO
But, I do miss.....
I miss her snoring cause that means she's laying next me in the
same bed and probably has a leg wrapped around mine – just enough of a touch to
let me know that she’s there. And loves me.
I miss folding the clean laundry and putting away the dishes and
being hollered at for dirt around the house because that means she's done her part
in taking care of our family and I can do mine.
And I get to see her everyday and that I’m a part of our everyday life
Pine City.
I miss our couch and pretending that I don't know that she’s
doing housework but all she has to do is ask me to help and I will.
So, do I miss my wife? Yes.
13 weeks and two days in.
We got this.

2 comments:
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery........
L
M
Love it!
Post a Comment