Friday, October 23, 2015

Do you miss your husband?

It's an odd question isn't it?

"Do I miss my husband?"

In a casual conversation the other day, a friend who is not super close to me but we are acquaintances and see each other from time to time asked me that.   "Do you miss your husband?"

Now, I'd be labeled a complete brat if I answered---"Nope, not one bit!"

Not that that's the truth but those of you who know me well know that the sarcasm can run thick somedays with me.

It actually "stumped' me a little bit to be honest.

There's more to that answer than just a simple, "yes" or "no."

Do I miss him snoring at 3am in the morning keeping me awake?  NO

Do I miss the extra laundry and dishes and dirt around the house?  NO

Do I miss that him sitting on the couch playing around on Facebook while I'm cooking-cleaning? NO

But, I do miss.....

I miss his snoring cause that means he's laying next me in the same bed and I can kick him if I want to get him to stop snoring.  

I miss the extra laundry and dishes and dirt around the house because that means he's here and I get to see him everyday and that he's eating with us and that he's a part of our everyday life.

I miss seeing him on the couch pretending he doesn't know that I'm doing housework cause that means he's here and all I have to do is ask him to help and he will.

So, do I miss my husband? Yes and No.



13 weeks in.
We got this.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm appalled.
I don't snore!!!