Tuesday, January 20, 2015

We've got a LapTop?

I miss this BLOG.
I haven't written here in so long, I'm surprised it hasn't broken up with me.
I wonder if anyone still checks and what they must think of me when and if the do. - "Yep, (Sad Face) still the "coaching" story from last October..... Boooooooo."
I've thought about it often - had stories on my fingertips but never the time nor the final, self disciplined, push to put my fingertips to the keyboard.
A lot has happened since last October - things that could have made for great stories.
*Cursing of Cake eating Hockey Parents at the New Hope Ice Arena - Home of the Mighty Ducks - potentially titled, "You're Not Allowed to Leave Your Desert Buddy"
* Race Riots & Courtroom verdicts could have provided a platform for essays on the Balance of Social Injustice and Servitude.
* Boys in Braces and Girls in Hockey - always lots to write about when my kids make me proud almost daily - almost, I mean there's been some hiccups along the road. But generally good daily fodder from them that is nice to commit to digital history on a Blog instead of FaceBook.
* Anniversaries & Holidays - because I wrote less this season does not mean I loved any less. I promise.

The list could and should go on....
I will try to write more.
My wife reminded me that I mindlessly troll the world of Facebook and have not gotten much personal joy from it...and I reminded myself the joy that the written word had brought me at one point. I am going to try to get back to that happy place.
Honest.

I'm pretty sure I haven't touched this keyboard in 3, maybe 4 months... I wonder if it's like "Riding a Bike" - sheesh - there goes another story idea right there. I could write another Bike Story....
If I get off my Fat Butt, this might be fun...until then, Welcome Back Old Friend.
K

No comments: