11 months prior to the start of turkey season:
Kirby: I can't wait to hunt next year. Next year I'm going to hunt here and here and there and do this.........
8 months prior to the start:
Kirby: Wow-you won't believe how many turkeys I saw today driving in to school!
6 months prior:
Kirby: Wow-you won't believe how many turkeys I saw today driving to school!
4 months prior:
Kirby: Wow-I saw so many turkeys driving around today. I can't wait for turkey season!
2 months prior:
Kirby: Saw a lot of turkeys today. I better get in my bid for a license.
1 month prior:
Kirby: YES- I got drawn! I saw so many turkeys today! There were 15 out by Lisa's and 10 down by the river and then.....
2 weeks prior:
Kirby: Went out scouting today. There were turkeys all over the place! I must have seen at least 25.
1 week prior:
Kirby: Sweet! I just went scouting and saw about 20 of them....can't wait for next week!
First day of hunting:
Me: Well-how many did you see today? Did you get any into your decoys?
Kirby: None.
And so it goes............
Love you dear.......

2 comments:
No doubt the turkeys can smell Paul's excitement during the hunting season and scramble to their secret hiding places when he's around. Perhaps he should bring his gun on the way to school, so when he see's all those turkeys he can pull over and start blasting.
Jeff
Point Michele - no birds. Strikeout on the weather. Had fun with Brent & Emma and Logan. Gave it a sporting chance.
They must have smelled my excitement.
Post a Comment