I was out of town this past weekend visiting my grandmother with my Mom, brother and sister in law.
I left Saturday morning and came back Tuesday night.
I left knowing that Kirby would do just fine with the kids and keep them busy and not misplace anybody while I was gone.
I left a list of ideas for supper and set clothes out for the kids.
I came home to a house still standing, a happy dog and a happy family.
This morning I discovered two tubs of butter in our fridge. Now, mind you that it takes us about 3-4 months to get through one 2lb 13oz tub of butter.
I texted Kirby after my discovery this morning.
Me: Why are there two tubs of butter in the fridge?
K: We have two? Where's the other one? In the pantry? I bought one at Walmart this weekend cause I thought we were out.
Me: No, there was one in the fridge already. Sometimes you need to actually bend over when you're looking in the fridge.
K: That's what I was afraid of....see, I REALLY need you around or the world falls apart and we end up with too much butter..... :)
The lessons are as follows:
1. Men are the worst at finding/seeing things. This means that I need to push everything that we have in the front to the very front so that everything can be seen without having to bend over. Same for the pantry.
2. I give Kirby an A+ for actually going to the store and knowing what kind of butter to buy. Good job honey!
3. Notice the smooth recovery on Kirby's behalf..... (yes, I fall for that stuff)
4. If you need any butter for the next 8-9 months, feel free to knock on our door. We have plenty.
1 comment:
You would die if I told you how many pounds of butter we use in a week. The real heart attack inducing kind.
I love my family to death. ;)
You have a good guy there, Michele.
Post a Comment