It's that time of year when people come up with a 'New Year's Resolution.' Something that they decide to change, do better, quit, or start up.
Hmm, where did this idea come from? Here's a little background info in case you were wondering:
The history of making New Year’s resolution began with the Babylonians approximately 4,000 years ago. The Babylonians made resolution’s to the gods to get favor. Then if a resolution is broken it was considered bad luck so it was advised to be careful in determining one’s New Year’s Resolution.
Well then! Choose wisely right? Can't have bad luck following you around......
I can't think of a year that I have laid out a resolution for myself and I'm thinking that 2010 won't be the year that I start either.
However instead of a post about a resolution, I will opt for a Top Ten List of highlights for the Kirby Krew for 2009.
In no particular order....
10. 2009 started off with a hunting trip planned for St. Pete Beach, FL with just myself and best friend Rider with airplane tickets. We spent a few glorious days in Florida enjoying sunshine, freedom, and lazy days exploring.
9. Tyler successfully completed a basketball, baseball and football season with no injuries and more knowledge about the love of sports.
8. Emma successfully completed preschool and early admittance tests to see if she was ready to begin Kindergarten. She is doing AWESOME and has erased any worries anyone might have had about her starting school this year. As a matter of fact, she was one of the first students that was able to count to 100 out of her peers!
7. Logan easily graduated from diapers to training pants to big boy underwear before his 3rd birthday. I am happy to say that I will never have to buy diapers again.
6. Kirby completed another year of teaching, managing the pool, umping baseball and a very successful football season.
5. As a family, we did out annual trip to the Tiki Tina hotel along with a summer trip to Warroad, camping on the North Shore, a overnight to the MOA, and a trip to Como Zoo. We also have many numerous day trips and activities that we have done but we'll just leave it at-we are blessed!
4. Professionally I survived on of the most challenging years of employment. Not only with many additional tasks asked of me but with the emotional strain of assisting those in these difficult economic times with seeking employment. I gained so much insight and strength from going to work everyday that a new perspective on life has been developed.
3. Kirby and I celebrated our 7 year wedding anniversary! Marriage is hard and we have grown and learned and changed every year together.
2. Our kids are smart and continue to learn each and everyday. They are amazing and we are so proud to be their parents.
1. We have remained healthy and injury free.
Happy 2010!
1 comment:
"Marriage is hard" - where did this come from? :)
Cuts me deep Shrek..... - marriage is only hard when the temperature is below 32 degrees.
Love you -
k
p.s. - I found a couple of those minor errors we were looking for.... but I'm tto scared to point them out! :)
Post a Comment