Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year......

Well, here it is Christmas eve.  Presents are wrapped, cookies are baked, cards were sent and Santa is on his way.  (with 12-20 inches of new snow mind you)









This snow storm is throwing quite a 'kink' in some travel plans for not only my family but many others I'm sure.  I don't think Uncle Jeff, Aunt Vanessa and Grandma Sharon are going to make it up on Christmas day to celebrate but that's okay, there are plenty more days for us to get together and extend the Christmas season. Our trip to Warroad may be delayed by a few hours or a day.....we'll make that call when the time comes.



But for now, I sit typing this and watching it snow those big, slow, gentle looking snowflakes. The kind that Christmas songs and Christmas cards were designed from. 

My kids are so excited for Santa to arrive tonight. There has been many conversations on what his plan is and what will Rudolph do with all this snow and how many presents they will get tomorrow morning......it's a joyful chatter that I hear.


I can already feel my mind slowing down with the realization that I have 11 days of freedom of not having to report to my job.   I 'facebooked' yesterday that it's time for me to re-focus on my family and friends and I already feel a change in attitude thanks to the new snow and a recent trip outside to do some sledding. 


May all who read this enjoy the holiday season, may God bless you in many ways this upcoming year and may your family and friends know how important they are to you. 

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Tarina said...

Love these pics. Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and a great time with the fam. Wish I coulda been there. Love ya. - T.J.