Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Oh to be a flamingo.........

We took our annual summer trip to Como Zoo a few weekends ago. I love this zoo. Probably because number 1: It's free and number 2: who doesn't like looking at animals?


The first animals we observed were the flamingo. I think in another life I would enjoy being a flamingo because pink's a great color and you have long legs, what more could a girl want?


Here's the "Krew" checking things out. Kirby was more interested in the ducks floating by and thinking about what a nice muskie bait they would make and then his thoughts turned to duck hunting I'm sure.


Second stop was the orangutan's. They have a baby this year and boy was it cute!



Next stop: the kids favorite: the seals.


Logie bear checking out the tigers and eating some cotton candy. Yes, I bought my children cotton candy-what fun is a day at the zoo without a treat?


This animal was the crankiest animal we saw that day. J/K Tyler.

Emma and Logan really liked the monkeys. Do you like Emma's impression?
All three had a good day and now were patiently waiting for the rides.

Back in the old days when I was a young kid, I think that the rides used to be free. I could just remember that because I never saw my Dad pay for anything but.... We splurged again and bought $20 worth of tickets which actually lasted us a good amount of time.


Emma driving her car.....

Logan having a good time.......
This is where Tyler spent most of his day.
Emma and Tyler on the swings. I was a little unsure if Emma was ready for this ride. We had just watched them stop the ride to let a little girl off who didn't want to be on the ride. It started and Emma was just screaming and turning red! I couldn't tell if she was having fun or not but she hung in there and kicked off her flip flops and had a blast.
I made Kirby go on the choo choo train with Logan Thomas Choo Choo Train (This is what Logan calls himself when we ask him what his name is. Isn't that funny?)
Again, Tyler enjoying the day. :)

Emma and Logan sharing a ride together.

Emma and Tyler were going soooo fast on this spinning ride. I could barely watch and thought for sure she was going to puke up blue and pink cotton candy. But, she was fine once again but Tyler wasn't...........


Logan bear loves to drive!


It was a beautiful day, a great family outing and we even ate at a restaurant that Tyler had never been to before. That was a feat in it's self! I really enjoy these days and our trips out and about the state. Como Zoo has some fond memories for me and being there with my Dad and family.

Why the long face Gunner? Maybe some day they will let dogs come to the zoo too. Thanks for staying home and guarding the house. We can always count on you.

No comments: