I'm such a sap. Really, I am.
I picked Emma up from preschool and she was singing some of her 'graduation' song for me on the ride down to daycare and I was crying-again.
I don't know why.....she was singing in tune and the words were super cute.
I guess I'm just a Mom today trying/hoping to remember how cute her little voice sounded in the back of my car.
I'm just a Mom trying to hold on to these cute moments in hopes that in 20 years from now I can close my eyes and remember every little detail of how blonde her hair is, how cute her monkey shoes look on her feet and how with such passion she sang those songs to me.
I'm just a Mom who is hoping that if I stare at Logan long enough, that in 5-10-15 years I can close my eyes and remember how cute his little face is and which words he can't quite say in his little 2 year old voice.
I'm just a Mom who can't believe that her 'baby' is going to be 13 and has a girlfriend and starts to hyperventilate just a little when she thinks back what she was thinking when she was that age.
I'm just a Mom who realizes that her kids are growing up and all those 'trying' times of infancy are behind her.
I'm just a Mom who's a big sap. I'll never make it through graduation ceremonies.
I'm just a Mom who loves watching her kids play outside in the backyard through the window catching them in moments when they think "no one" is watching them.
I'm just a Mom who wishes she could video tape every moment so I can watch the DVD when I'm 80 and old and have nothing else to do while Kirby is out fishing.
Sigh......
No comments:
Post a Comment