Monday, April 6, 2009

Time at home....

As the work week was winding down, Kirby and I found ourselves exchanging emails asking each other, "what do you want to do this weekend?" Apparently, for the first time in a long time, there was nothing written on the calendar of someplace we needed to be or somewhere we needed to go. NICE! I think it's funny sometimes how much people pay to own a home and then the amount of time you actually spend there is minimal. Sometimes when life gets hectic, our house is just a place to sleep and shower.

My Friday work day went from good to bad-real fast. By 4:30 I realizes that I was in need of some down time before I went home with 'work luggage' on my shoulders. It just so happened that my co-worker/friend was working out of my office that day so the invitation of going out for an adult beverage came up and both of us thought we had just enough time to have 'one' before we were needed at home.

I can't tell you how nice it was to sit and un-wind with a good friend, good conversation, and a good beer. I felt like an adult! We drowned our work sorrows and both went home to our families in better moods which makes for better Mommies. Thanks R!
Saturday came along and we were lazy to get up. Logan is usually the first one up and for someone who has such little feet, he sure sounds like a herd of elephants coming down the stairs and then running into our bedroom! He awoke both of us up with 3 sneezes, a request for milk and another request to watch Dora (his current favorite cartoon.) Emma came down a half an hour later and our day had begun!!!!!!!

I won't go into detail of everything we did but we played, colored, wrestled, ate, napped, read, went to the park and watched a movie-in a nut shell. We were on no schedule, we had no routine which was just what we needed.

When Sunday morning rolled around Kirby has scored some free pancake breakfast tickets for the Lions Benefit so we were treated to delicious pancakes, sausages and juice to start our day. Emma and I took a quick trip to Walmart and bought some flowers to plant along with carrots, onions, spinach and pumpkins. We are going to attempt to have a small garden this year-wish me luck!

I bought some pots for the kids to paint and that was their afternoon activity.


Logan is a very serious artist.


Both of them carefully creating their master pieces.

Emma is also a very serious artist but she works fast, just like her mother.


Logan just being cute with his messy hair.
This weekend was a good reminder for Kirby and I that it's okay to not have plans. Every once in a while, it's good to be bored and good for our kids to be bored. It's good to enjoy your house and enjoy the noises of your house. Just sitting on the couch watching TV is sometimes okay too.
Don't worry though......we already have plans set up for next weekend! Bemidji here we come!









No comments: