Monday, April 20, 2009

Confessions of a shoe-a-holic.....

I said these very words to my husband yesterday, "Don't let me buy any more shoes."

I know that you're thinking "ARE YOU CRAZY WOMAN?!?!?!?"

I will admit, that I probably am a little crazy.

Kirby and I did some serious spring cleaning yesterday in our bedroom. The kind of cleaning where you take everything out of the room, clean, and then put it all back in.

I think we were inspired by our day date to IKEA on Saturday. It's such a good thing that I live 60+ miles from that store otherwise I would be broke.

Anyway, part of my cleaning was doing my annual event of putting away my 'winter' shoes (which I'm so sick of wearing and I'm soooo over wearing dress socks) and replacing them with my 'summer' shoes.

About half way through it, I stopped and observed how many pairs of shoes I was dealing with.... and was actually EMBARRASSED at how many shoes I owned.

What can I say, I love shoes, period.

Brown, black, white, green, red, light brown, dark brown, heels, no heels, high heels, low heels, straps, no straps, gym shoes, outside running shoes, causal shoes, you name it and I've got a shoe to cover that outfit.

Ugh.

We are outgrowing our house and I'm definitely contributing to that fact of the matter.

What is it with shoes? I'm not trying to be Carrie Bradshaw as I live in Pine County for goodness sakes! Half the population here wears camouflage boots 365 days out of the year.

I've always wanted to (secretly) be a shoe model I think.

On a positive note, I buy my shoes on clearance. I'm not the type of person to spend $350 on a pair of shoes. Just call me frugal if you will......

I won't give you the specific number of shoes that I counted after I laid them all out and arranged them in my closet. Just know that you would need all your fingers and all your toes and then some to achieve a final count.

I'm embarrassed.

Did I mean what I said to Kirby? I hope so.

I tried to compare my shoe addiction to his muskie bait addiction.....he wasn't buying that.

The point of my story is that: some women prefer chocolate to soothe their souls, I prefer shoes to soothe my soles.

3 comments:

Jennine said...

Seriously Michelle? No more shoes? Because there's a HUGE SALE at http://www.shoemall.com/home.jsp and they have FREE SHIPPING!

Unlike http://muskiebaitmall.com where everything is full price and shipping is outrageously expensive.

Kirby said...

I am so glad that Michele "confessed" before I put my foot in my mouth and became the overbearing husband.... holy schNIKES.... and then we went upstairs into the boys' closet and I about fell over!
Emelda Marcos has been re-incarnated as a 5'9" Minnesotan....and she's living in my house.

Mom, Dad, Grant and Dylan said...

There is no such thing as too many shoes!!! Every woman deserves something she loves as every man has a hobby! DSW is one of my favorite stores and I, like you pay next to nothing for my shoes but I also have that many shoes!!! So shop on!!! haha.
Maybe sometime when I am down in Mpls we can meet up and go shoe shopping! haha!
Sara (Salter) anderson!