Being as Tyler had his last Basketball Tourney of the season, he was unable to make the trip to our Annual Muskie Banquet last Saturday in Brainerd. I had already purchased a youth ticket (Only 40 sold), so Emma got the call and I had a hot date secured with one of my favorite blondies. I "sold it" to Minnow as an extravagant party at a fabulous resort, including a fancy meal with music and games. She sure was excited and picked out a nice black, white and purple dress. (She's close to the big guy in the Gander shirt up on stage).
Well, Sista Emma was our good luck charm this year for sure. We started the evening off hearing the MC announce that I had been drawn for a Free Poppa John's Pizza. As Emma and I made our way through some of the games, luck followed. Emma dropped 2 out of 3 raquet balls into the Grand Prize slot in the "Lunge-O" game (like Price Is Right PLINKO). Emma was in the right place at the right time for some free youth game tickets. She told a "Fishing Story about LOTW northerns" to the MC and Special Guest, Mike Keys, and recieved an In-Fisherman Kids DVD in return. When the attending youth were called to the stage, Emma returned with a beautiful, top of the line, Dave Genz Ice fishing Rod and Reel Combo. I think she's most excited about the picture of the Walleye on the rod. She touched every one of my General Raffle tickets and as the evening wore on, we were rewarded.
Brent's number was called twice, winning a Muskie Box and numerous baits along with a great Rain Suit. ($350+ in prizes). Our friend Aaron heard his numbers ring 3 times, pulling in another tackle box, a Rod and Reel Combo and a "special" Guide trip. The night grew long as raffles prizes were dished out and little Emma couldn't take it much past 9:00p.m. She snuggled in on my lap and fell asleep with her arms around my neck and her head on my chest while the banquet hall rang with Ticket Numbers being called into the crowd. As we followed along on the prize list, my chances grew slimmer. But wouldn't you know it, the 100th and last prize of the General Raffle and I had the golden ticket.
Fisherman, especially Muskie fishermen can be SUPERSTITIOUS. Do you think our Good Luck Charm will go with us next year?
No comments:
Post a Comment