Saturday, January 3, 2009

Marley & Me

Becky and I had the chance to sneak out today and took in a movie while we were free from responsibilities. I had just finished the book, Marley & Me and laughed, cried and then laughed some more and made it a goal to see the movie while it was still around. The book was very entertaining and for anyone who has a dog, it's just a great reminder to what wonderful animals they really are and how much they are a part of your life and your childrens lives.

The book was much better than the movie (like most cases) but I still enjoyed it. For those of you who are thinking it's just another dog movie, it's really not. The storyline is about a young couple who start their family with a dog and all the obstacles and challenges that being married, having children, and deciding on what you want to be when you grow up. I think one of the best lines in the movie comes when they talk about how hard it is to be married and to raise children. That whole conversation could just about hit a cord with many, many people.

So, if you get a chance, I would recommend reading the book and then checking out the movie. Jen Aniston and Owen Wilson are perfect in their roles and the dog at times, reminded me of our dear Gunner of course. Oh, but bring tissues, I don't think there was a dry eye in the theater.

No comments: