Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Some of my favorites/recommendations........

This must be my summer of favorites or maybe I am just starting to pay attention more to the world other than to diapers and who has or has not taken a nap yet. (that must mean my kids are getting older and a little more independent huh?)

Here are a few of my summer favorites:

1. www.mattlogelin.com

A very sad story about a young couple and a baby. I won't go into much detail but I recommend you check out his blog and read their story. I'm addicted.

2. P.S I love you
A recent movie I rented while Kirby and Tyler were gone on their vacations. I cried and cried and cried and then watched it again for a second time. A good movie on how to live you life. A total chick flick and the men in it are easy on the eyes....

3. www.thelastlecture.com/

This is a lecture given by Randy Pausch. If you haven't seen the lecture, click on the website and watch it. If you have seen the lecture, I highly recommend you go out and read his book. (The Last Lecture is the title) Randy has been fighting cancer and developed a speech about how to live your life. Very moving and a good reminder of how important life is not only for you but for you kids and how you spend that time. (Sometimes letting your kids play in their good clothes is an okay thing)

There it is! The short list but a very good list of reminders of how wonderful life is and how lucky you are to be alive and have everything that you have. I know that some days it's easier to complain than to be thankful. But these stories are the reminders to change your thoughts and attitude towards life.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I added Matt's blog to my Google Reader and I have to say that I can't read one of his entries without crying. It is such a compelling story. Thanks for sharing.