Kirby and Tyler are both on vacation this week. Kirby's annual (I'm not sure how it became an annual fishing trip since it was suppose to just be his birthday present from me one year) fishing trip to Canada with Brent and Butch is this week and Tyler decided that he would like to spend a few days up in Warroad by himself so he tagged along for the ride. Uncle Hayden and Grandpa Tom met Kirby and Tyler at Aaron's bar in Bemidji in the Mustang and after dinner and a quick game of pool, he was on his way north. Kirby stayed in Bemidji with the Rud's and according to Brent's minute by minute schedule, they left for Canada Sunday morning at 4:30am.
Kirby called today for a few minutes just to check in. (He learned a valuable lesson a few years ago when he went on his trip and didn't call his then, pregnant wife to let her know that he was okay and when she could expect him coming home, etc) He said they have caught some fish and said that he lost one by the boat last night. They were on their way out when he called and I could hear Brent in the background telling him to wrap it up. It sounds like they are having a good time and the weather is cooperating.
I talked to Tyler on Saturday night and that's about all I have heard from him. I'm hoping he'll call tonight but he's in Warroad Heaven and had big plans for his vacation so he may be very busy being independent and all grown up.
So, it's just me and the little ones. We have big plans to go to the pool after work and daycare and then have some oh-so-good-for you Burger King for supper.
Prepare yourselves for lots of fish pictures when Kirby gets back........
No comments:
Post a Comment